There two different claw hammers in the market. Most of the folks don’t know the difference between a curved-claw hammer and straight claw hammers. Curved claw hammers are generally identified by every hobbyist out there. Straight claw hammers are rarer since we mainly use them in construction work. You can easily pry parts apart with straight ones! I’m going to review the top 5 claw hammers in the market right now. Make sure you read review till the end learn the pros and cons of the products.
Bastex 16 oz Fiber Glass Claw Hammer
- This claw hammer is perfect for general usage because of the design and material used in it.
- The weight is suitable for most of the household repairs.
- The grip is nonslippery. It’s ideal for people with weak grips.
- The balance of the hammer is great.
- The heft and feel of the hammer are perfect. You won’t feel any wimpiness.
- If you are looking for a cheap claw hammer with the quality, you can get this one.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 12-month replacement warranty.
- I suggest this one if you are looking for a necessary claw hammer.
IRWIN Tools 1954889 Fiberglass General Purpose Claw Hammer
- The forged steel head is excellent. If you want a solid claw hammer, you should get this one.
- The Protouch grip is excellent for more extended usages. If you are going to work for long hours, you should get this one.
- The face of the hammer is smooth. It leaves fewer marks on the surface you are working on.
- It’s the amazon’s choice for a claw hammer. One of the best sellers in the market!
- Fiberglass construction is excellent for absorbing vibration.
- The hybrid handle design is exceptionally perfect for people who are looking for an ideal grip.
- I suggest this one if you are looking for a high-quality general-purpose claw hammer!
Estwing Hammer – 16 oz Straight Rip Claw Hammer
- The hammer is forged in one piece, which makes it more durable than its peers.
- I like the design of the claw hammer. It looks magnificent. The balance of it is excellent if you have a good grip.
- I suggest this one for professionals since it has a perfect balance. If you know what you are doing, you are going to have an ideal time with this straight claw hammer.
- It’s made in the USA, which makes it high-quality.
- The shock reduction grip is exceptionally high-quality. It will reduce the vibration effect by seventy percent!
- This the best straight claw hammer in the market, in my opinion. If you are looking for a high-quality claw hammer, you should get this one!
Stalwart 75-HT3000 16 oz Natural Hardwood Claw Hammer
- I like the wooden products because of their convenience.
- It’s highly durable and suitable for long term usage.
- If you are looking for comfort, this might not be good for you because of the wooden part. However, if you like wooden grips like me, you should get this one!
- The curved claw is excellent for extraction and demolition.
- The antivibration handle is excellent.
- Overall Dimensions: Length: 13 Inch, Width: 5.25 Inch, Height: 1.25 Inch.
- The bestseller in the claw hammer category.
Stanley STHT51246 20-Ounce Steel Hammer
- High-carbon steel design is extremely durable.
- It’s made of 1 piece, which makes it more durable.
- The grip is handy.
- The color of the hammer makes it more visible in crowded environments. If you are a messy person, you should get this one.
- Tempered rim part to reduce chipping and spalling.
- The precision of the hammer is great. You are going to have an easy time when you are using it for nailing.
- The weight of the hammer is a little bit heavier than standard ones. If you are going to use it for household repairs, I suggest you a 16oz hammer.
AmazonBasics Fiberglass Handle Claw Hammer
- The 20 oz claw is perfect for a variety of tasks.
- The sales page has three different weight options for different tasks!
- The curved claw head is perfect for pulling nails and prying!
- The flat part of the hammer is useful. The design is close to perfect.
- The claw is suitable for home improvement, woodworking and art hanging.
- The grip is comfortable enough, but there are better products out there.
- The weight of the claw hammer is evenly balanced, which makes it an excellent choice!
If you are looking for a high-quality claw hammer at a reasonable price, you can get this one!
Which Claw Hammer You Should Use?
The curve of the hammer is essential, but that’s not the only thing that matters. The weight and handle are also significant. These attributes will determine how well the hammer performs. Weights range between 7 ounces to 28 ounces. You can find 16 ounces since they are the most common hammers. Construction workers typically use more massive hammers. These hammers are great if you are trying to work with big nails. Heavy hammers are extremely useful when it comes to driving nails faster. They will tire you out easier since they are heavy. You should not use this tool if you are just a hobbyist.
It would be best if you held the hammer with a weak grip. If you hold it tight, you are going to tire yourself out. You should use the proper grip if you want full control over the hammer.