Mechanics tool sets are the main thing for the realm of multi-tools. There are diverse sets of tools included in these sets which are really helpful. Toolboxes are rapidly changing with the advancements in technology. These tool sets arrive with different heads fora tool. It can be changed according to your needs. There is a single piece used for different size heads. These sets are changing rapidly with the advancements in the technology. If you are interested in household constructions or hobby of home building these sets are extremely useful. They are generally easy to use and cost less. If you are new to these multi-tools you can read online guides and learn about them.
Top Selling Mechanics Tool Sets in the Market
Crescent CTK170CMP2 Mechanics Tool Set
- There are three different versions suitable for different needs.
- You can pick 30, 84 or 170 pieces according to your needs.
- The newly designed mold case is sturdier than before. It’s extremely durable.
- This is the improved version of CTK170CMP mechanics tool set.
- The best seller in the mechanic tools kits.
- All of the tools meet new ANSI and ASME specifications.
- Set includes 1/4″, 3/8″ & 1/2″ drive tools (SAE & Metric). Drive Type-6 and 12 Point.Drive Tang Size 1/4 inches, 3/8 inches, 1/2 inches
- 170 pieces set weights 22 lbs.
- The whole set is made in China and Taiwan. Pieces have different marks on them.
- If you are looking for a price-performance mechanic’s tools kit this one is great.
DEWALT Mechanics Tools Kit and Socket Set
- Three different versions: 118, 156 and 204 pieces.
- 72 tooth gear system designed for high torque ratcheting.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- The price is a little bit expensive than other sets.
- Case dimensions are 21 1/2″ x 18 1/2″.
- The set is made in Taiwan.
- If you are looking for a great starter set for the money, you can get this one!
- This is a really big set if you need something portable you should take a look at other sets in the market.
Craftsman 450-Piece Mechanic’s Tool Set
- One of the biggest sets in the market.
- 450 pieces is a really high amount.
- It comes with 6 extend bars.
- The handles are magnetic which makes them very useful.
- The price is expensive than other sets in the market because of the size.
- The whole set weighs 35 lbs.
- This set is Made in China, unlike the old ones which are made in the USA.
- You can get this set if you are looking for a big mechanic’s toolset.
- There are some useless pieces in the set which makes it less valuable.
DEKOPRO 168 Piece Mixed Tool Set
- The set comes with the most essential tools for basic household repairs.
- The pieces are extremely high quality. They are chrome vanadium forged. Anti-corrosion and durable.
- All of the tools meet ANSI critical standards.
- The case is sturdy and it’s easy to carry around.
- Case size: 14.96″(L)*3.93″(W)*17.72″(H).Weight 17.86 lb
- You can get the 168 or 192 pieces according to your needs.
- The case is made of plastic but it makes the product weightless.
- If you are looking for a cheap general purpose mixed toolset this one is great.
Wilnerkot Mechanics Tool Set
- The set comes with the most popular sockets and wrenches.
- Toolbox Set includes 1/4 “, 3/8” & 1/2 “socket tools (SAE & Metric). Drive Type-6 Point. Ratchet Handle Size 1/4 inches, 3/8 inches, 1/2 inches etc household or bike tool set.
- The case is made of plastic but it’s sturdy enough.
- It’s easy to store and portable.
- Toolset meets ANSI standards.
- 60 days money back guarantee.
- If you are looking for an alternative to the one above you can get this one!
There are different brands in the markets which design different kind of products for a variety of needs. The piece amount is really important when it comes to mechanic tool kits. You need to pick something according to your needs. Sometimes big sets are not useful as they seem because they have too many useless things inside them. You have to know for what purpose you are going to use a mechanics tool kit. If you are going to use it for basic household repairs I suggest you getting sets between 150 and 200 pieces. These sets have most of the basics covered in general. If you are more like a hobbyist and need different parts, you can pick the bigger sets. Bigger sets are hard to carry around and storage is really hard if you don’t have space.
If you are going to constantly travel with the tool kit you can even get smaller ones between 100 and 150 pieces. These really useful because they are compact and easy to carry around.
The material quality is really important too. Most of them are made in China or Taiwan nowadays. I prefer the Taiwan ones because of their higher quality if you compare it to the other ones. There are some German brands in the market but they are really expensive. You won’t face too many problems if you buy the mechanic tool kits in the list since they are used by most the customers.